The above vacancy exists within Bastion Mining at Britten Mine Job Grade: 11 | P9 Reference: | Closing Date: 02 August 2019
Bastion Mining (PTY) LTD, a company which is primarily engaged in the marketing of lime and
dolomite to the agricultural market, currently have a vacancy for a Quarry Mine Manager who
are production goal driven and can work under pressure at their Britten Mine.
The annual Cost to Company (CTC) for this position will be in the range of R350k to R450k.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* A relevant mining / operational qualification (mining, mechanical, operational) or relevant
knowledge and experience in the management of open cast mines.
* Good knowledge of welding and steel structures as well as good general knowledge and
understanding of conveyor systems, crushing and screening plants.
* Good mechanical background on earthmoving machinery.
* Language proficiency in Afrikaans and English shall serve as a minimum requirement
* Previous experience as a 3.1 appointee is preferable.
* Excellent communication, people and time management skills is vital.
* Functioning independently is crucial as is problem solving, leadership and results orientation.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Drafting and management of operational budgets.
* Inventory control.
* Management of mines according to strict measures and legislation.
* Optimisation of production to meet stringent targets.
* Operational controls.
* Personnel management.
* Management of capital budgets.
* Analysing and management of bottle necks.
* Cost savings and operational focus which include production, maintenance and mining.
* Upkeep of Mine infrastructure
* Mine planning and maintain a motivated workforce.
* 3.1 Appointment under MHSA
We are committed to transformation through the appointment of persons from designated groups and potential candidates from these groups
will enjoy preference.
Kindly note that a consumer credit record will be requested in respect of all appointments which involve dealing with cash or finances.
Should you meet the above requirements and be of the opinion that you can make a contribution to the company, kindly register and apply on our Career Page at www.groupcareers.co.za
Should we not have contacted you within six weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful
Telephonic enquiries may be addressed to Juane Lues
Tel no: (018) 464 - 7634